Who are Friends of Winterfold (FOW)?
Friends of Winterfold is a fundraising committee run by the parents of children at the School and staff representatives.
What do Friends of Winterfold do?
We help to provide all those little extras that enhance the children’s lives in school, provide money for additional facilities and resource. Also, we arrange lots of events for the families and parents to get together in a more social environment.
- Summer Fayre, with an array of stalls, bouncy castles and slides, music and afternoon teas.
- Bonfire Party with an amazing firework display that was enjoyed by everyone.
- Assisted with the funding of Roald Dahl week where the children participated in various activities.
- Organised a Pre-Prep Christmas Disco
- Held the annual Christmas Markets with food, games and stalls, music, a cafe – and Santa!
- Portrait bags of the children
- We have purchased outdoor table tennis tables for the older children to use during break times
- Eco-garden – contributed to an external team to help clear the garden and teach the children at the same time. The next stage will be planting and maintaining.
- Re-surfacing the Pre-Prep adventure playground
- Paid for specialised speaker to hold a workshop with the children and parents about internet safety
- A Night at the Races – A fun evening for the parents was held at the school. 50% of the funds raised went to winners and 50% to FOW.
We need your help!
The success of these events and fundraising depends entirely on the support of the parents and staff. We need a cross-section of mums, dads and guardians from the Nursery upwards.
Come and find out more:
Attend a FOW meeting which takes place each term – it is great for new parents to meet other parents and we also welcome those who have been with Winterfold for many years. All welcome!
Have you got any skills or connections that could help with any events?
If you have any ideas or suggestions or just want to find out more – please click here to email us
Keep coming back to this page for the latest updates and photos of the events that FOW organise – or if you don’t get a chance, then look out in:
Your child’s book bag
Ross Mitchell – Chairman
Louise James – Vice-Chair
Helen Gibbens – Treasurer
Lisa Samuel – Secretary
A Night at the Races
Ladies’ Indulgence Evening