“Winterfold owes much to its past. Today’s school maintains its traditional values and family ethos and combines these with a contemporary education.” – Governor
Winterfold House School was founded in Birmingham in 1928, moving to Herefordshire in the war years, before finally settling at Winterfold House in 1946. For half a century it was a very successful boys’ boarding school, but it has developed to meet new demands and new challenges and has emerged as a leading day school, taking boys and girls from 3 to 13 with a Day Nursery for babies from 6 weeks. In 1997 it became a Charitable Trust, controlled by its own Board of Governors.
Winterfold is a Roman Catholic school, and the parish priest at nearby St Ambrose Church serves as our School Chaplain. Children from other denominations have always been warmly welcomed at Winterfold and there is a strong ecumenical tradition which we have always felt to be of considerable benefit to all our children. We place a great emphasis on educating the whole child and aim to produce well rounded, confident boys and girls with high moral standards and respect for others.