Past and present
Winterfold House School is centred around a spacious Georgian house set in nearly 40 acres of attractive grounds, surrounded by traditional English countryside of gently rolling farmland and pasture. This is the setting for our playing fields, pitches, woods and gardens. Beyond, there is a particularly fine view of Worcestershire across a landscape of small valleys, hills, copses and farmhouses to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
The School was founded in Birmingham in 1928, moving to Herefordshire in the war years, before finally settling at Winterfold House in 1946. For half a century it was a very successful boys' boarding school, but it has developed to meet new demands and new challenges and has emerged as a leading day school, taking boys and girls from 2 to 13 with a Day Nursery for babies from 6 weeks. In 1997 it became a Charitable Trust, controlled by its own Board of Governors.
Winterfold is a Roman Catholic school, and the parish priest at nearby St Ambrose Church serves as our School Chaplain. Children from other denominations have always been warmly welcomed at Winterfold and there is a strong ecumenical tradition which we have always felt to be of considerable benefit to all our children. We place a great emphasis on educating the whole child and aim to produce well rounded, confident boys and girls with high moral standards and respect for others.